Friday, June 17, 2011

My Local Ingredients

Thought I'd give you an idea of the all-local ingredients I use in my lovely kitchen here in San Francisco.
I use Clover milk and butter, made in Berkeley

Peaches and Apricots from the Burlingame Farmer's Market
I buy sugars in bulk from Rainbow Grocery and store them in glass containers. I buy pecans from Earthbeam (I'm on the Peninsula a lot, if you couldn't tell, plus these pecans are sourced from a Santa Cruz, CA-based company) 
Peaches are lovely things. They remind me of poetry.
I cook with organic Clover butter for my final recipes, but usually experiment with the regular ol' stuff
A shot from the Parkside Farmer's Market in Burlingame. A refreshing change of pace for that town. 

Flour and Sugar,
Carrie Melissa

2 comments:

  1. wow you're so lucky to have access to so many wonderful and fresh ingredients in your area! id love to try with that organic butter too!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really hard to find organic/local dairy products in Sydney? I visited Australia for a while last year, and I never even thought to look for that. Melbourne seems to have a pretty solid local foods scene though, what with all those amaaazing markets. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete