Tuesday, June 28, 2011

25 Southern Desserts to Conquer

Yesterday, I was browsing around a few of my favorite food blogs that I usually read on Bloglovin, and I happened upon a very cool feature on Brown Eyed Baker, called My 100. The author, Michelle, has a list of 100 recipes that she has vowed to try out at some point in her blogging career.

I found this particularly inspiring for my project for several reasons:

  1. Though I've baked many a southern dessert in my time, I've never taken the time to work down the repertoire and really refine everything. I also don't have photos to document these past baking ventures. 
  2. There are many southern desserts I've been putting off trying because either they look too time-consuming or expensive or difficult. And I need to stop making excuses.
  3. I think this will be a great way to reconnect with my southern past, through looking up old cookbook archives and reading about the history of certain desserts. 
I am excited to start off on my own little venture here, called 25 Southern Desserts to Conquer

Anyway, kudos to you, Michelle, for the inspiration!

I'm thinking I'll do banana cream pie or banana pudding to start things off on the right foot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment