Saturday, July 16, 2011

Strawberry Radish Summer Salad

After a friend delivered a giant bag of fresh butter lettuce and radishes to my house straight from her garden, I started craving a humongous salad. Like, enormous. No, bigger than enormous. I kind of wanted to be able to live in the salad.

But I was realistic about it. Also, I was realistic about the fact that that sounds totally crazy and most people are not in LOVE with salad... until they try one of mine. So go ahead and indulge in this simple treat. It's only about 150 calories for the entire meal. Which is why I had a huge hunk of tri tip with it. That part is optional.

I apologize for the awful photo quality. I took these at my parent's house and only had my iPod instead of my Nikon.



Strawberry Radish Summer Salad

Ingredients (approximations; you can use whatever ratio or variation you like)
6-8 radishes, sliced thinly
10 strawberries, sliced
3 cups butter lettuce, loosely packed
handful of sliced almonds
part of a red onion, diced
3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
Balsamic vinegar (I used a fig balsamic that was to die for)
Olive Oil

Directions
Combine all ingredients (up to the vinegar and oil) in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, mix together your preferred ratio of olive oil and vinegar and pour over individual servings. If you have some feta or chevre lying around, throw some of that on there. As I always say, Do whatever. Just do what tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment