Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Too Darn Hot to Bake... Let's Drink Instead

I can't possibly bear to cook, let alone bake, in this heat. Instead, I've been drinking lemonade like it's going out of style. Now, where is someone to make me a mint julep and when am I going to find the time to sit outside and bask in the sunshine?

On the horizon for this evening when I return to San Francisco and the fog: homemade granola bars for my backpacking trip this weekend.

Here are some lovely southern summer drinks to finish out the long day.
Bourbon Whiskey Iced Tea via something edible
Image via Vintage Victuals, along with a fabulous recipe
Decaf sweet tea with mint (non-alcoholic!) via a sweet pea chef
Strawberry Arnold Palmer via Disgustingly Good 
I'm gonna make myself at least ONE of these as soon as I get home. Probably more like three though.

2 comments:

  1. I'm up for one of each of those drinks...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the sweet tea. Highly recommended on these long summer days. Double yum!

    ReplyDelete