Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspiration for Post-Race Baking

This is the week leading up to my half-marathon, so I will not actually be baking much of anything (unless I find some time between running, doing yoga, working, and volunteering). Instead, I'm looking to the next few weeks, when I will be hosting another pie party, traveling to Los Angeles, spending a week with one of my favorite people on earth, going to Portland, Yosemite, and finally finishing it off with a skydive. I'm thinking August will be pretty epic. Gotta have a cake to celebrate when it's all done!

Biscuits with Chocolate Gravy via Sprinkle Bakes

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Terrine, also via Sprinkle Bakes

Bourbon Peach Hand Pies via smitten kitchen

Bacon Pecan Pralines. Genius. Via Framed Cooks

Authentic Red Velvet Cake via Sweet Endingz

Coconut Cream Tart (a la Tartine) via Bay Area Bites

Pie pops (with a fantastic photo tutorial) via Luxirare

2 comments:

  1. that red velvet cake looks so pretty! good luck with your half marathon...looks like u have a lot of amazing things planned afterwards too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if I make it through with flying colors, I might have to bake and eat an entire cake like that when I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete