Thursday, July 7, 2011

Backpacking Food Inspiration

I'm headed out on a big backpacking trip this afternoon (which will explain why I am not posting this entire weekend), and I've been thinking loads about good backpacking food. Rodale published a backpacking recipe book back in the 1970s, but it's really hard to find reliable resources that really don't require a lot of heavy lifting.

Now I'm not sure that my food will be gourmet, but I hope to do better than the bagged stuff.

Here are some ideas I'm working with. I'll update upon my return.
Mushroom Pea Couscous via Dirty Gourmet
Bacon-Wrapped Smores... Kill me nowwww (also via DG)

Breakfast Burrito and Potatoes via rosemary rosemary
Vegetarian Ramen (must taste better than it looks) via Backpacking Chef
More original content upon my return from Big Sur!

No comments:

Post a Comment