Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Things have slowed down a bit over here. I do apologize.

I've been traveling the last two weeks and will continue this weekend when I take off to Yosemite. Here is a little snapshot of what I've been doing.
Taking in the sights in Eugene, OR

Crushing on hipster boys who raise pigs

Vintage shopping inside of trucks in Portland on Alberta St.

Relaxing and smelling flowers in Portland, OR

Taste-testing Oregon microbrews

Eating fresh fruit in parks just because I can

And smiling. I've been doing lots of smiling.

Meanwhile, my baking has had to be put on the backburner while I figure out the following:
  • Do I apply to grad school in English lit?
    • If so, I have to do the following:
      • Call my professors and have them update my letters of recommendation; fly to L.A. to see one of them for a brand new letter
      • Write my statement of intent, which apparently requires six months of work. This is news to me.
      • Edit a paper for submission. 
      • Possibly re-take my general GRE.
      • Take the GRE subject test
      • Everything else.
  • Do I take classes toward a business degree?
    • This means staying at my current job for a really long time.
  • Do I continue tutoring?
  • Do I move home in October to save for school and Paris?
  • Planning the pie speakeasy, which should be my big comeback event.
In between all this, I am running, doing yoga, and staring at pictures of pie for inspiration. I should let you know, however, that I have gone back to the dark side and returned to veganism. That does not mean my pies and sweets will be vegan. It just means I have to stop eating them (though taste-testing is okay). I'm lactose intolerant, and it's time I listened to my body and did what was right for it.

Happy baking, everyone! I'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment