Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Songbird Apple Pie

Last week, my roommate and I (and our respective friends) stayed up until 2 AM decorating this pie for her Speakeasy as Pie Mix Tape cover and our Pie Speakeasy coming up in September. Maria is one of those endlessly creative people who keep me inspired even when I feel like I just want to give up. I had almost dropped this Speakeasy project (which I'll explain in a future post) for a few weeks because things got stressful, but her excitement is infectious.

This pie is for her and for her beautiful voice. I'm lucky enough to hear her sing almost every day.


Maria hard at work

Cutting out the leaves

I used a mixture of Gravensteins and Golden Delicious to get a smooth pie with chunks of crunchy, cinnamon sugar-covered apples

Close up on the songbird

Close up of the handmade leaves

The final product

No comments:

Post a Comment