Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Weekend in Food (L.A. Edition)

Last weekend, I decided to drive down to Los Angeles to visit the one-and-only Ambs. We always have a blast when we're together, and eating delicious food punctuates all of our other activities (talking, thrift shopping, laying by the pool, going out, falling asleep on bathroom floors). Here's a little sampling of some of the food and drinks I love(d) from Los Angeles. Because even though LA has all kinds of shortcomings in my mind, refreshments are not one of them. LA knows how to make me a burrito, pour me a latte, and serve me cocktail after cocktail. I'll take it. 

Kow Soi "Northern Thai Curry Noodles" from Bulan Thai in Silverlake
Watermelon Vodka Tonics (my recipe) made with fresh watermelon, watermelon juice, tonic water, and chilled vodka.
Perfect iced latte from Intelligentsia at Sunset Junction

Ambs and I at Urth Cafe near downtown
Earl Grey Tea Boba with Almond Milk from Urth
The menu at Silverlake Juice and Tea. I highly recommend the Vegan Almond Creme and the Cacao Me Crazy if you've got a sweet tooth like me
Ambs with her smoothie from Silverlake Juice and Tea
Chicken Korma Burrito (I know, right!?) from Cowboys and Turbans. This Indian-Mexican fusion restaurant blew me away with its beautiful patio, great service, and unforgettable food.
The giant veggie samosa at Cowboys and Turbans. I could eat this for a whole meal.

Now I'm back to running and eating grapes for breakfast. I need to work on balance in my life, I think. Or I'll just keep indulging in these decadent things. Yeah, maybe I'll stick with the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment