Friday, August 26, 2011

Speakeasy as Pie

Design by Marie Jaen
If you've spent any time with me in person in the last month or so, you have heard me go on and on about pie and/or cocktails and/or how to pair pie and cocktails. 

I am very happy to announce that I will be taking this talk from a mere idea to EVENT next month. Maria and I will be hosting our very own pie speakeasy

Why a speakeasy? Because it'll be a full-on invite-only party that starts out in the basement and moves into the backyard, where everyone can feel free to enjoy as much pie, cocktails, and music as they please.

I will, of course, be updating you as more details solidify. If you'd like to attend, shoot me an email at southxsanfrancisco@gmail.com and I can send you a flyer. You will need a physical flyer to get into the part-ay. And you don't want to miss this, I'm telling you.

This event will include the following amazingly spectacular highlights. Plus I'll be there, and I'm awesome. Well, usually. Sometimes. You know.
  • A live DJ all night
  • Performances by Maria "Songbird" Remos
  • The release of Maria's mixtape, Speakeasy as Pie Vol. 2
  • Unlimited pie once you get into the party (some of the ideas I have floating around my head are classic apple pie with apple butter cream topping, banana cream pie with dark chocolate ganache, gluten-free/vegan coconut cream pie, pear and apple pie, blackberry pie with streusel topping, pecan pie, and so on)
  • Pie pops of several varieties so you can take home a goodie bag to your loved ones
  • Cocktail pairings with each pie: expect something with Baileys, a fresh fruit cocktail, and lots of aperol
  • Friends and family and loved ones all around in our lovely Bernal Heights home
So get excited for this because, yes, it is finally happening!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOD if you don't invite me to this I will kill myself with fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I'll be dropping you a flyer in the next week or two with all the deets.

    ReplyDelete