Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4 and the Peach-Blueberry Cobbler Pie

This fourth of July, I thought I'd put together something a little different for my family. My mom wanted to make a traditional cobbler, but she didn't have the time. I insisted on putting my own spin on her cobbler recipe and throwing some White Lily flour in the mix. What came of it was a pie/cobbler mix that was perfect with some vanilla ice cream.

This is not for the faint of heart though. I cut down on the sugar in the cobbler recipe that my mom gave me, and this was still extremely sweet. To put it together, pick out your favorite fruit pie recipe (this works especially good with berries), bake it at 400F for 30 minutes, then top it with a cobbler recipe (mine is top secret) and turn the oven down to 375F. You'll bake it for another 30 minutes. This is best served right out of the oven. 





No comments:

Post a Comment