Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back Open for Business?

The fruits of my long-overdue labor
I'm hesitant to say that I am 100% back open for business (I sometimes work 12-hour days at my other job now), but I have been letting people know that I am accepting orders again with enough advance notice. I think a week is probably realistic, since my weeks vary so greatly.

What prompted this? Actually, it was an order I took with great hesitation. I almost declined the opportunity, worried that I'd never be able to balance the baking with my full-time job. I wanted to make sure the client was happy, as it was for her wedding, and she deserved the absolute best. Since she gave me a month's notice, I took the order on, and I was able to order special packaging for her and put everything together over a week. The result? The above pecan and apple pie pops.

Speaking of pie pops, these really do seem to be the hit right now. They're perfect for wedding and shower gifts, so I've taken a few large orders of them over the last few months. They're super fun to make, adorable to look at, and they taste delicious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment