Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Inspiration: Momofuku Banana Cake

Photo from yummyinthetummy
Having recently purchased the Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook, a 6" cake ring, a Silpat mat, and a quarter sheet pan, I will be rolling out my very own Momofuku Milk Bar-inspired banana cream cakes. This may even be something I continue to do on a regular basis by special request.

What will distinguish mine from the traditional Momofuku genius-beyond-my-wildest-imagination recipe? I plan to convert my banana cream pie into cake form for this. Momofuku uses a hazelnut crunch and cream filling that admittedly sounds delicious. But I want real down-home flavor in this one. I want it to taste like my mom's banana pudding that she used to make for special occassions. So I plan to make a nilla wafer crunch layer in between whipped cream and homemade custard. Nom Noms. Photos to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment