Tuesday, September 6, 2011

That Chicken Tortilla Sandwich

My roommate and I made a hyper-local sandwich, which is a pretty ridiculous thing to claim. It was totally unintentional, and I suppose that makes it even more of a parody of San Francisco foodie culture. It was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life though, so no judgies. I'll embrace my own absurdity after I'm done digesting.

Ingredients for the dream sandwich: 
- Acme bread from Good Life in Bernal Heights
- Jalapeno Chutney from the Alemany Farmer's Market
- Tortilla made with fresh eggs from Marie's microfarm, Little B
- Chicken from Avedano's
- Foraged mushrooms
- Pea shoots from Berkeley Bowl

Yeah, I kind of wanted to hit us too. Then I ate the sandwich and shut up. 

It all started with a layer of jalapeno mustard, fresh Spanish tortilla, and some barbecued chicken

But then Maria went ahead and threw on some wilted pea greens and mushrooms

We had to press it down a bit to keep it all together on that wonderful, fresh, lightly toasted bread

And, of course, we had it with some sauvignon blanc



Completely glorious

No comments:

Post a Comment