Friday, September 9, 2011

Last Week in Food (Vegan Edition)

Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes on Pita with Fresh Basil
I basically just threw some eggplant and tomatoes on a baking sheet with some salt and olive oil, put those in to bake for about 30 minutes, then put them on pita and toasted the whole thing. It was lovely and healthy, but also filling.

El Metate Avocado Burrito
So this isn't on the menu at El Metate, but I got a regular burrito and asked them to replace the meat with avocado, which they did (at no charge!). Then I got it inside of a whole wheat tortilla. I ate half for lunch and half for dinner, and indulged in some raw radishes, which are my favorite thing of the moment. Me wants mooore.

Miscellaneous 
I also had the pleasure of trying a new restaurant (Zazie), eating Ethiopian food at Ethiopian Cafe on Valencia, having a summery Pimm's Cup at Straits, and eating peanut-roasted tofu with kale and eggplant. That's right, I got hella vitamins over the last few days.

Crystal Springs Run
And this has nothing to do with food, but I decided to go for a run at lunch yesterday, and I ran into this view. I was much more productive the rest of the day as a result.

Now I'm off to spend some time with friends and brainstorm for my pie order next week. Have a wonderful Friday surrounded by friends and vegetables, because both are very important for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment