Friday, February 24, 2012

Southern Inspiration: Cranberry Curd, Buckeyes, Molasses Cake, Banana Bourbon Cake

I'm back in my kitchen full-force making all kinds of new cookies and other treats for people I know and strangers alike. It feels good to be trying out new stuff again!

Here are some of the goodies that I've been making or thinking of making lately.

Cranberry Curd via Kitchen Confidante. Curd (lemon or otherwise) is really simple to make, and it takes a long time to go bad because there's so much sugar in it. As many people know, I make a blueberry lemon curd pie, but if I make cranberry curd, that opens up so many more possibilities! Apple-cranberry curd pie? Yeah, I'd eat that.

Peanut Butter Buckeyes via Real Simple. The recipe I use is actually from Southern Living, but this'll do. 

Molasses Cake with extra creamy cream cheese frosting via the kitchn. This cake looks crazy-moist, and I love cakes that are crazy-moist. Also this frosting is a must-try! I plan to try this out with my molasses from Muddy Pond, Tennessee.

Banana Bourbon Layer Cake via Martha Stewart. I have to say, I probably won't put the bananas on top because they'd get really weird looking if you didn't eat the whole cake right away, but I would deeeefinitely use this as a base for banana bourbon cupcakes sans the caramelized bananas on top. 

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment